- 10 ounces whole-wheat spaghetti
- 1 ripe avocado peeled and seeded
- 1 cup fresh spinach leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 and 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Cook the pasta in salted water according to package directions. Reserve 1/4 cup of the cooking water.
While the pasta is cooking, make the sauce. Place the avocado, spinach, garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a food processor.
Blend, adding the cooking water 1 tablespoon at a time until sauce is smooth and of the desired consistency. Taste and add more salt and pepper if necessary.
Toss the pasta with the sauce. Top with cherry tomatoes, pine nuts, and parsley then serve immediately.