- 1/2 cup almond milk - can sub cow's or other plant-based milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup - can sub honey or other liquid sweetener
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 bananas - ripe
- 2 cups spinach - packed
- 2 cups old fashioned oats - gluten free
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease or line a muffin tin.
- Combine all ingredients in a large, high-powered blender in the order they are listed: almond milk, maple syrup, eggs, Greek yogurt, vanilla, bananas, spinach, old fashioned oats, baking powder and soda, and sea salt. Blend until smooth, about 1-2 minutes. The batter should look like a green smoothie.
- Pour batter to the top of each muffin cup. Put the muffin tin in the oven and back for 20-22 minutes, or until the muffins are brown around the outside and a toothpick that you put in the center comes out clean.
- Transfer the muffins to a wire rack to cool. Enjoy warm or chilled. Store in a sealed container on your countertop or in the fridge for 5-7 days.