Chocolate Berries Smoothie
1 cup soy milk
1 cup frozen berries
1/2 cup frozen bananas
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
Fresh raspberries, blackberries and strawberries
- Combine the soy milk, frozen berries and bananas, cocoa powder in a blender.
- Process until creamy.
- Add raspberries, blackberries and strawberries as toppings (optional)!
Chocolate Fudge Brownies
200g unsalted butter
200g dark chocolate chips
175g raw sugar, loosely packed
3 eggs, lightly beaten
1 tsp vanilla extract
75g plain flour
30g cocoa powder
Pinch of salt
180g dark chocolate block/bar (optional), chopped into chunks rather than shards
- Preheat oven to 180°C/ 350°F (160°C for fan forced).
- Spray a 20cm/ 8” square tin with coconut oil and line with baking/ parchment paper with overhang.
- Place unsalted butter and chocolate chips in a heatproof bowl, microwave in 30 second bursts (longer if it requires) until melted. Stir until smooth.
- Add sugar and vanilla, mix, then add eggs and mix well until smooth and molten.
- Add flour, cocoa powder and salt and stir until smooth. Stir in chopped dark chocolate and pour into pan.
- Bake 24 minutes for really gooey in the centre, 28 minutes for fudgey but still very moist or 32 minutes for moist fudge-cake-like.
- If you didn’t use the extra chocolate for stirring in, reduce cook time by 2 minutes.
- Rest for 10 minutes before lifting out of the pan. Allow to cool for at least 20 minutes before cutting. Store in an airtight container for 4 days or freeze for 3 months.
Chocolate Potato Chips
12 ounces good-quality melting chocolate
24 potato chips (dig out the whole ones)
Sea salt, to taste
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler or the microwave.
- Dip each chip two-thirds of the way into the melted chocolate, then set on waxed paper and sprinkle with a tiny bit of sea salt.
- Allow to sit at room temperature until the chocolate is totally set, about 2 hours, or in the fridge for 15 minutes if you need to hasten it along.