Make a delicious, crumbly apple tart! Pair it with Denada's Sugar-free Salted Caramel Ice Cream!
- Combine Almond flour, Coconut flour, Psyllium husk powder, Xanthan and pinch of salt in a bowl.
- Add softened coconut oil and mix with your hands.
- Add water and and mix until smooth dough forms.
- Flatten dough out, wrap in cling wrap and place in fridge for half an hour.
- Place dough between two pieces of baking paper.
- Roll into circle, big enough to cover the tart pan, the sides and a little extra.
- Moving quickly and carefully, pick up the dough and place over tart pan. Work the dough into the edges of the pan and up the sides pressing gently.
- Trim any excess dough and refrigerate.
- Cut apples into 1.5cm thick slices.
- Combine in large saucepan with the 80g Erthritol, 2 tsp Cinnamon, Nutmeg, coffee powder, lemon and vanilla.
- Saute on medium for 10-15 minutes until they are soft but retain their shape.
- Combine Oats, chopped almonds, almond meal and coconut oil in bowl and mix until combined.
- Store in fridge until ready to use.
- Heat oven to 170 degrees celsius.
- Place cooled apples into refrigerated tart shell, press the apples to make sure the shell is covered evenly.
- Sprinkle the crumble and gently press into the apple mix.
- Cook in oven for 50 minutes, the tart is cooked when the edges are brown and the apples are bubbling around the sides.
- Let cool for half an hour.
- Slice and serve with Denada Sugar free Salted Caramel Ice cream.
Image and recipe are taken from Nourishing Magazine.