We’ve rounded up a few of our favourites, from fresh airflown Spanish Aubergine, organic coconut milk, organic gluten free soya sauce to fresh free range Mt Barker chicken breast, which can be substituted with tofu for a vegan recipe, grab everything you need and get started!
|750g (1.7lbs)||aubergine, cut into 1" cubes|
|1x400ml/14oz can||full fat coconut milk (ideally 18% fat or higher, like this one)|
|1-2 tbsp||thai green curry paste (vegans: make sure there's no fish sauce or shrimp paste, like this one)|
|400g (14oz)||extra firm tofu, cut into 1 inch cubes|
|240g (8oz)||sugar snap peas|
|4||fresh kaffir lime leaves (optional)|
|1 tsp||coconut palm sugar|
|2 tsp||soy sauce (use tamari if gluten free)|
|300g (1½ cups)||basmati rice|
- Preheat the oven to 175C/350F. Put the tofu onto a paper towel lined plate. Lay over some more paper towels and put something relatively heavy on top (e.g. a big book) to squeeze the moisture out of the tofu. Leave to drain, and set aside until needed.
- Once the oven is up to temperature, put the cubed aubergines on a baking tray and coat with 2 tbsp neutral oil. Roast for 15-20 minutes.
- Put the rice into a bowl with roughly double the volume of water. Swish it around for 20-30 seconds until the water is very cloudy. Use a fine-mesh sieve (strainer) to drain the rice.
- Rinse the rice again under the tap, then transfer to a medium saucepan with a tight-fitting lid. Add 540ml/2¼ cups water and bring to a boil. Turn the heat down to very low, cover with the lid and cook for 12 minutes. Without removing the lid, remove the pot from the heat and leave to steam for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, scoop 4 tbsp of the coconut cream from the top of the coconut milk can into a large pot over a medium heat. After about 5 minutes (can be a little longer) the coconut cream should split into oil and coconut solids. If the coconut milk you're using has been homogenised, do this step anyway, but the coconut milk won't split.
- Add the thai green curry paste to the pot and stir it into the split coconut milk. If you're sensitive to spice, only use 1 tbsp. Saute for 2 minutes.
- Mix in the cubed tofu and saute over a med-high heat for 10 minutes. Add the sugar snap peas for the last 2 minutes of the 10.
- Add the roasted aubergine and the rest of the coconut milk. Half fill the coconut milk can with water and add that to the pot. Tear up the kaffir lime leaves and add them too. Bring to a boil, then down to a simmer for 10 minutes so the liquid reduces.
- Stir the sugar and soy sauce into the curry. If you're not using the kaffir lime leaves, add the juice of half a lime.
- Fluff the rice with a fork and divide into 4 bowls. Ladle over the curry and some of the liquid and serve.
Recipe and images are taken from Discover Delicious.
Green Curry Ingredients