- 1 ⅓ cup digestive biscuits (130 g)
- 3 tablespoon unsalted butter plus 1 teaspoon more, (50 g)
- 10.5 oz full fat cream cheese (300 g)
- ⅔ cup whipping cream (150 ml)
- 10.5 oz white chocolate (250 g)
- 1 ½ cup canned mango pulp , for cheesecake (375 ml)
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon gelatin powder (10 g), use any type or amount that sets 500 ml
- ¼ cup water (60 ml)
- ¼ cup canned mango pulp , for decoration (60 ml)
Crush the digestive biscuits into fine crumbs. Pour into a bowl and add in melted butter. Mix well and pour into a 7-inch springform pan. Press the crumbs to the base. Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
In a bowl, add in cream cheese and whisk until fluffy. Add in whipping cream and mix until the mixture is a bit thicker. Do not over mix to avoid the cream from splitting.
Melt the white chocolate in the microwave or double boiler. Add into the cream cheese mixture and immediately mix all together to avoid the white chocolate seizing up. Add in mango pulp and mix to combine. Add in lemon juice and mix all together. Set aside.
In a bowl add in water and powdered gelatine. Let it bloom for 5 minutes and heat in the microwave or double boiler until the gelatine is dissolved. Add some cheesecake mixture into the dissolved gelatine and mix to combine. This is to temper it so it's easier to mix later.
Add tempered gelatine into the cheesecake mixture. Immediately mix all together to combine. Pour into previously chilled base. Hit the pan against the work surface a few times to release air bubbles.
Spoon mango pulp randomly on top. Using a stick, make swirls all around. Chill in the fridge overnight to let it set (minimum 8 hours in the coldest part of the fridge). Ready to serve.
How to Transfer To a Serving Plate
It's easy since this cake is small. First, insert a knife under the cheesecake and carefully run it all around to detach the cheesecake from the base.
Using the same knife, gently lift the cheesecake a bit and insert 1 flat spatula. Do the same in the opposite direction.
Carefully yet confidently lift the cheesecake with both spatulas and place it on a serving plate. Gently remove spatulas out.
Or place a baking sheet on the base of the springform pan before assembling. You will have a slightly bigger baking sheet coming out from the springform pan after assembling it. Before serving, gently slide the cheesecake onto a serving plate.
How To Serve
Keep the cheesecake in the fridge all the time until just a few minutes before serving. Cut the slices as needed and put back the cheesecake in the fridge to maintain chill.
- Please use full-fat cream cheese. Meaning, do not use light cream cheese else it won't set as good.
- Please use minimum 35% fat content for the whipping cream. The fat is needed to help set the cheesecake.
- Use unsalted butter.