Give this year's Christmas ham a unexpected smokey sweet flavour with a Bourbon Mustard Glaze. Using a Bone-In ham is important as it intensifies the flavour of the meat.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Trim all but about 1/4 inch fat from the ham. Next, score the remaining fat in 3/4-inch diamonds without cutting the meat, this allows the glaze to get deeper in the meat. With fat side up, place the ham on a rack in a roasting pan.
2. In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, orange juice, mustard, and the bourbon maple syrup. Brush about 1/4th of the glaze over the ham. Bake the ham for about 1 1/2 hours, or until it reaches 140 degrees, while basting the ham with the remaining glaze every 30 minutes.
3. Let ham sit for about 15 minutes before carving. Transfer drippings to a saucepan and add remaining honey mixture.Using a knife with a long blade, carve downward to the bone. Run the knife horizontally through the ham, along the top of the bone, to release the slices.
- 3/4 cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Bourbon Matured Maple Syrup
- 1/4 cup Orange Juice
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 Half Bone-In Ham