Eggs Benedict with Prosciutto
Serves 2-4 persons
5 Egg Yolks
125g Clarified Butter
Pinch of salt (to taste)
4 Whole eggs
100g Prosciutto ham or 100g smoked salmon
2 Toasted english muffin
Preparing the Hollandaise Sauce
- Add egg yolks and freshly squeeze lemon juice in to a bowl and set glass bowl over a pot of simmering water, do not let bowl touch water or get too hot. Continue to whisk rapidly.
- Gradually add in clarified butter and whisk constantly
- Season with salt to taste
- Add at least 5 cm depth of water into a pot, bring water to boil, add in a drop of vinegar.
- Stir the water to create a gentle whirlpool
- Add cracked egg into water
- Remove after 3-4 mins or when eggs are cooked to your liking
Place Prosciutto on top of the halved toasted english muffin, topped with a poached egg and coat with Hollandaise Sauce. Enjoy!