Apply promo code WELCOME20 after signing up to enjoy 20% off your first order! | Sign Up Now
Spice Ground - Coriander Seed
When ground, the dried seeds of coriander blend well with most other spices. Coriander dried seeds are referred to as a spice, and have a mild, lemon-like taste that compliments both sweet and savoury dishes.
Other Common Names
Leaf: Cilantro, Chinese Parsley, Japanese Parsley. Seed: The seed should always be referred to as Coriander Seed, Dhania. Botanical Name: (Coriandrum sativum)
This recipe is one of Herbie’s favourites, and was created 50 years ago by his Mother, Rosemary Hemphill.
6 peeled and sliced Granny Smith apples
4 Herbie’s Spices whole cloves
2 teaspoons Herbie’s Spices ground cinnamon
1 cup plain flour
half cup raw sugar
125g butter or margarine
2 teaspoons Herbie’s Spices ground coriander seed
|Fat (g) Total||17.8|
|Dietary Fibre (g)||41.9|
Ground coriander seeds are found in sweet mixed spice blends for cakes and biscuits, as well as being used to thicken and flavour curries.
- Layer the apple slices into a greased ovenproof dish and sprinkle with the cloves and cinnamon.
- Place the flour, sugar and ground coriander seed into a bowl, mix to blend, then rub in the shortening with your fingertips until the mixture is crumbly.
- Distribute the crumble evenly and lightly over the apples. Do not press it down.
- Bake in a moderate oven for about 30 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Serve with cream, ice-cream or custard.
Herbie’s Spices offer the community of cooks and food lovers one central location to access all those hard-to-find herbs and spices. They also stock easy-to-find varieties of the freshest and best quality, so that you can stock up on all your spices and herbs from the comfort of your own home. The blends and spice mixes made at Herbie’s Spices contain no fillers, starches, MSG, free-flow agents or additives of any kind, so you know they will be rich in flavour and quality.