Apply promo code WELCOME20 after sign up to enjoy 20% off first order! | Sign Up Now
Red Wine - Fosca Del Priorat
This collection is a tribute to Garnacha, a variety historically forgotten and neglected because of its complicated viticulture, to which we are truly devoted here at Vintae. Both Richi Arambarri, CEO of the company, and Raúl Acha, technical director, come from Alto Najerilla, the area of La Rioja with the highest concentration of old vineyards of this variety, which they both know well. Their family vineyards are the starting point to explore the Ebro Valley in search of the best Garnachas, which transfer the landscape they come from to the glass.
With this project we want to demonstrate that Garnacha is a world-class variety and we do it through six wines made in five different areas of Aragón, Catalonia and Rioja, where we have gone in search of and recovered old vineyards. We arrived at La Fosca del Priorat vineyard in search of the minerality of its soils and the Mediterranean influence.
- Vineyard: Over 60 years old vineyards, located between 300 and 400 metres above sea level on the terraced slopes of Molar (Tarragona).
- Harvest: Manual harvest at the end of September.
- Winemaking: Maceration for 2 weeks, controlled fermentation in stainless steel vats.
- Aging: 10 months in new and used French oak barrels.
Varieties: Mainly Garnacha with small amounts of Cariñena, Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon.
- Colour: Intense ruby red with deep edges.
- Nose: Interesting bouquet where the Garnacha varietal characteristics are perfectly combine with mineral and oaky touch.
- Palate: Rich and tasty wine, with great balance, elegance and harmony. Right amount of acidity emphasizes its drinkability and leave pleasant aftertaste.
Alcohol Content: 14,5% Vol.