- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 2 tablespoons hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons steak sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 1 small green pepper, sliced
- 1 medium mango, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 jalapeno pepper, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 dinner or slider rolls, split
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup salsa verde
- 1-1/2 cups shredded sharp white cheddar cheese
- In a large cast-iron or heavy skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink, 8-10 minutes; crumble beef; drain. Add water, taco seasoning, pepper sauce and steak sauce; cook and stir until sauce thickens, 2-4 minutes. Remove and keep warm.
- In another skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion, green pepper, mango, sugar, jalapeno and salt; cook and stir until lightly browned 8-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place rolls, cut side up, on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 3-4 in. from heat until golden brown, 2-3 minutes. Spread with melted butter. Combine mayonnaise and salsa verde; spread over roll bottoms. Top with beef mixture, pepper mixture and cheese; replace tops. Serve with extra sauce.
This image and recipe are taken from Taste of Home.